 Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: Places to Live That Suck
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 7:48 PM

 "Mango D." - LOL

 <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com mailto:fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 OMG, this is
 hilarious!  Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.  Thank you
 Doc.

 <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com mailto:fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 I decided to check out the FF
 food scene, using Yelp. This set of reviews is hilarious:

 Thai Deli

 120 West
 Broadway

 Fairfield, IA

 Review from Mango D.,

 Las Vegas, NV

 9/16/2006

 5.0 star
 rating

 This stuff is like crack when
 we come to town. Make sure
 you come in when it is fresh. (After dome is good) We cant
 get enough of the
 creamy coconut potato dish. And the tofu and squash dish as
 well. They both go
 great mixed with the fried rice. The noodles are good
 sparingly when super
 fresh.

 I cannot find anything like
 this in California. Sigh...
 Fairfield, must you taunt me so!

 Review from Nicholas
 J.

 San Francisco,
 CA

 1/12/2010

 1.0 star rating.

 The reason you'll never
 find a Thai restaurant like this
 in California is because you can usually find actual Thai
 people voluntarily
 living in the coastal regions of the country, and very few
 of them are likely
 to express an interest in consuming the watered-down
 Grandy's buffet slop this
 dismal little cafeteria tries to pass off as an exotic Asian
 experience. If I
 were forced to explain their longevity, I would have to say
 that I believe they
 remain in business primarily because of the cult school up
 the road--an
 institution which seems to supply them with a steady stream
 of stoned Dave
 Matthews fans, all of whom would be lucky to successfully
 locate Thailand on a
 map after hyperventilating through the magic levitation
 classes their hippie
 parents pay for just because John Lennon told them to in a
 dream.

 Review from Max
 S.

 Fairfield, IA

 5/24/2009

 2.0 star
 rating

 It's dirt cheap but man
 does the food blow.

 Review from Will
 M.

 Seattle, WA

 7/23/2010

 1.0 star
 rating

 They nickname this place
 "Thai Smelly".  It's small
 town Midwest buffet meets new age
 crowd.  Absolutely awful food.
 It's dirt cheap for a reason.
 I mean honestly, I don't know how this place
 survives - I wouldn't eat here if it was
 free.

 <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com mailto:fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Richard
 first mentioned the food deserts concept on Tuesday. It took
 you until today, Saturday, to decide that Fairfield was a
 food oasis?
 It's
 funny, because even though I don't live in Fairfield, it
 would have taken me about two seconds to figure out it was a
 food oasis.
 Share
 wrote:
 > Richard, I've
 been thinking about this concept of food deserts since you
 first> posted it. I think we have an
 oasis here in FF! I could definitely walk to
 our> local health food store though
 it would take about 15 to 20 minutes. There
 is> another one on campus just
 outside the women's Dome so that's also
 a> possibility. We have a locally
 owned convenience store/gas station,
 Logli's> and Iowa has a chain of them
 called Kum N Go. Oh and Farmers Market> twice a week so
 people can buy fresh, buy local. Yay Fairfield!