---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <punditster@...> wrote:

 Every town and village is interesting but most cities like Paris suck - if you
live downtown you're probably living in a food desert. The existence of
numerous cafes and restaurants notwithstanding. Most poor people, which is
almost everyone who lives in a city, don't eat their main meals at fancy,
expensive restaurants.

 Let's review the definition of a food desert:

 A food desert is an area where affordable healthy food is difficult to obtain,
especially those who do not have a means of transportation like a car. There
are food deserts in rual areas and in cities where low-income communities don't
have access to supermarkets so they can get their food at reasonable prices.

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_desert

 On 10/19/2013 2:13 PM, TurquoiseB wrote:

   --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
Share Long wrote:

 > Well Richard there are some nifty cafes too in FF: Revelations, Cafe
 > Paradiso and 2nd St. Cafe, just to name a few. Plus the Iowa grocery chain
 > Hy Vee has a pretty good health food section in its FF store. I think it
 > would take me close to thirty minutes to get there on foot and the route is
 > not as pedestrian friendly as the route to the local health food store is. I
 > even read that in the US only San Francisco has more restaurants per capita
 > than FF!

 Ahem. You must have been confusing your backwater town of Fairfield, IA with
Fairfield, CT. Let this serve as a lesson to you not to believe things told to
you by Ru's that you'd *like* to believe because it inflates your ego and you
sense of center-of-the-universenessitude, and a reminder to search for the
truth instead:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/02/san-francisco-restaurants_n_1735091.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/02/san-francisco-restaurants_n_1735091.html

 P.S. The same thing was said by Santa Fe, NM, and every other town I've lived
in that wanted visitors to think it was more interesting than it really was.

 Riddle: What does Barry and "every other town (he's) ever lived in" have in
common? Answer: Barry's statement above: They both want visitors (us) to think
it (Barry) was (is) more interesting than it (Barry) really was (is).

 P.S.S. Every town in the universe is interesting, if you're just weird enough.

 P.S.S.S. No town in the universe is interesting if you're not.