Re "My favourite Beatles song is Things We Said Today.":

 Ye gods! That's my favourite Beatles' song also! McCartney's love lyric to
Jane Asher. We are obviously two very advanced human beings.

 Lennon and Co later grew embarrassed about the cheesy love songs they'd
written and set about expanding the themes they engaged with. I'm glad they did
as they've left us such a fantastic catalogue to enjoy but in my
(not-so-humble) opinion "Love" is always the best topic for a pop song and in
Things We Said Today Paul really nailed it.

 You say you will love me
 If I have to go
 You'll be thinking of me
 Somehow I will know.
 Someday when I'm lonely
 Wishing you weren't so far away
 Then I will remember
 Things we said today.
 You say you'll be mine, girl
 Till the end of time
 These days such a kind girl
 Seems so hard to find.
 Someday when we're dreaming
 Deep in love, not a lot to say
 Then we will remember
 Things we said today.

 Me, I'm just the lucky kind
 Love to hear you say that love is luck
 And though we may be blind
 Love is here to stay and that's enough
 To make you mine, girl
 Be the only one.
 Love me all the time, girl
 We'll go on and on.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev_XPaakW9Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev_XPaakW9Y

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <sharelong60@...> wrote:

 Seraphita, I remember I was puttering around my bedroom when I Wanna Hold Your
Hand came on the radio. My whole being kind of perked up and payed attention.
It was such a different sound from any other popular music of the time. But I
really liked it. My favorite Beatles song is Things We Said Today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d-Z7vakj4s