My God, they're good. Thank you, Emily, that was a real treat.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Yep, good memories, good memories....here is an acoustic concert of the three
of them.  Just give up and listen to the whole concert.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjbq6K2ziDQ

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "TurquoiseB" wrote:

> This song changed my life fifty years ago.
>
> I guess I'm not the only old fart who feels that way about it:
>
 > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I4pIULFGLI
 > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I4pIULFGLI

 Still tripping on Crosby, Stills and Nash after discovering
this treasure, I thought I'd post the song that started it all.

As I remember the story, Steven wrote the song and taught
it to David. They worked on harmonies for it, but David
always thought that it needed a third voice.

So they go over to Joni Mitchell's house, and there they
meet for the first time this guy from England who they
really only know as the voice of The Hollies. And things
progress and get wild and wooly the way things got back
in those days of Laurel Canyon house parties, and at
some point Steven and David start to sing "Helplessly
Hoping," which of course no one has heard before.

On the second verse, David heard Graham Nash join
in, singing the *exact* third harmony part he had
written in his head. And the rest is history.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGtFRsCXRcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGtFRsCXRcchttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGtFRsCXRcc
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGtFRsCXRcc