I deleted an earlier version of this post that replied with
atypically (from me) blissful silence. Blame the cafe. It's
dark in here, and I hit the wrong key...

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "TurquoiseB"  wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wgm4u  wrote:
> >
> > At least they believe in something.....
>
> And that's a Good Thing?
>
> I think everyone believes *something*. I certainly have beliefs,
> and I suspect everyone else on this forum does, too.
>
> One of my beliefs is that it may be crossing a line of spiritual
> and social etiquette in the opposite direction of Good Thing
> when what you believe becomes so important to you that
> you feel the need to evangelize it.

Now my real followup. I just re-read the article, and I don't
want it to seem like I'm dumping on either it or the group
it's about. I thought that the article was well-written, and
have no doubt that the people taking the Sunday Assemblies
on the road are well-intentioned.

Heck, I even like their credo. I doubt I could have done better
than, "Live better. Help often. Wonder more." That kinda
nails it, in six words.

I do wonder about their "message." To quote the article,
"This message is echoed throughout their events, that the joy
and  wonder of life should be experienced all the more
intensely because  there is no afterlife. Death is final, but
not to be feared, nor  anticipated as a realm where some
divine being will put right the  injustices endured in life."

I like that they probably feel they have no dogma,  but I
smell a little here. And I come away wondering if it
excludes me from their church.

I doubt they ever conceived of such a situation occurring.
>From their point of view, if you don't believe in God, you
believe as they do that death is final. I don't believe in a
God, but I sure as heck believe that death is not final. I
believe very strongly in reincarnation.

Would my views be welcome in their church, or heresy?

I honestly have no idea. I'm just rappin'. All of this is
Just My Opinion.

You guys are probably lucky I *don't* evangelize. If
I were the type of person who tries to convince others
to believe the same things he does, I'd found The
Blinding Light Church Of  Just My Opinion, Reformed.

At least no one would evangelize it, because it's credo
would be: "Like that other thing we've all got one of,
each of us has an opinion. That doesn't mean we should
run around like dogs demanding that others sniff ours."

:-)