Salyavin wrote:

 > "Um, I don't really think that's a "message" such believers have gotten."
 > Yeah, of course it's a
 > message,

 I didn't say it wasn't a message. I'm saying I don't think it's universally
perceived as an imperative by those who believe in "life in the great beyond."
Religious apologists, for example, more often insist that religion and science
are "nonoverlapping magisteria," as Stephen Jay Gould put it; it's impossible
in principle to make religion fit in with physics because they're entirely
separate domains.

 > TV is full of physicists these days all explaining the nature of the
 > fundament, stands to reason
 > that you have to fit stuff in to the accepted paradigm. Otherwise they
 > wouldn't bother.
 >
 > But then I didn't post the other two links from the Daily Mail this week
 > about spiritual things
 > with a highlighted panel about how it [might] fit in with quantum physics.

 ---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 Um, I don't really think that's a "message" such believers have gotten. Some
do like to try to hook up paranormal stuff to physics, others don't think it
makes much sense. I mean, this guy is just making a fairly standard dualist
claim about mind and matter--mind and brain--being separate (brain being the
receiver, mind the signal). Maybe he explains it in more detail in the book,
but in this article he just seems to be saying, you know, "Mind and brain are
separate because quantum physics."

 I also don't think the Daily Mail did a very good job of making his cases
sound convincing. Pretty messy. But, yes, fun to read.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Another book on reincarnation for those who are interested in the possibility.

 The article drew my eye because of a claim that quantum physics may hold the
key - but I don't see how from the article here but it's good that the people
with beliefs of life in the great beyond have got the message that whatever
ideas they have they are going to *have* to fit in with physics.

 Funny how the Daily Mail seems to be on a spiritual trip these days, doesn't
seem to suit them somehow. All good fun as far as I'm concerned...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2509769/New-book-reveals-children-believe-reincarnated.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2509769/New-book-reveals-children-believe-reincarnated.html