Bear in mind that the New York Times has a pay wall -- 10 free articles and
then you have to pay (although I have found that easy to get around without
paying). I like the Daily Mail, and it is free.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <s3raphita@...> wrote:

 Off topic, but I was surprised to see that the Daily Mail has overtaken the
The New York Times to become the world's most visited newspaper website. The
biggest increase in readers has been in the USA.

 It's not so much that the Mail's site is so fantastic (though it is
user-friendly) but more that American on-line editions are so bland. In fact,
American newspapers are pretty boring IMHO - which is quite surprising given
that America is a world leader in TV news. American newspapers are too sober
and too old-fashioned in their layout. Yes, you have tabloid trash like The
Enquirer (which are fun) but there's a lack of striking design and engaging
reporting in the serious papers.

 Long, long ago I used to read The Christian Science Monitor which was quite
good and highly respected (despite its title!). Don't know if it has lost the
plot in recent years.

 Just saying.

 ---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 Um, I don't really think that's a "message" such believers have gotten. Some
do like to try to hook up paranormal stuff to physics, others don't think it
makes much sense. I mean, this guy is just making a fairly standard dualist
claim about mind and matter--mind and brain--being separate (brain being the
receiver, mind the signal). Maybe he explains it in more detail in the book,
but in this article he just seems to be saying, you know, "Mind and brain are
separate because quantum physics."

 I also don't think the Daily Mail did a very good job of making his cases
sound convincing. Pretty messy. But, yes, fun to read.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Another book on reincarnation for those who are interested in the possibility.

 The article drew my eye because of a claim that quantum physics may hold the
key - but I don't see how from the article here but it's good that the people
with beliefs of life in the great beyond have got the message that whatever
ideas they have they are going to *have* to fit in with physics.

 Funny how the Daily Mail seems to be on a spiritual trip these days, doesn't
seem to suit them somehow. All good fun as far as I'm concerned...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2509769/New-book-reveals-children-believe-reincarnated.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2509769/New-book-reveals-children-believe-reincarnated.html