The Doors

[image: Inline image 1]

"I met Jerry Jarvis at the first SIMS course and introduced him to Mike
Love and Rick Stanley who were initiated in the second SIMS course. The
Maharishi's' directions on how to meditate were incorporated into the
Door's songs: "Take it easy..." and 'take it as it comes...", according to
Mason.

 Ranked number 41 on the Rolling Stone list of the "100 Greatest Artists of
All Time."

http://www.rollingstone.com/100-greatest-artists-of-all-time<http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-artists-of-all-time-19691231/the-doors-20110420>

The Doors were the first American band to accumulate eight consecutive gold
LPs. In 1993, the Doors were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Jim Morrison, keyboardist Ray Manzarek, drummer John Densmore and guitarist
Robby Krieger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doors

Notes:

In 'Riders on the Storm' by John Densmore, it was Ray and Robbie Krieger
who were initiated into TM. John Densmore, Robbie Krieger, and Ray Manzarek
took the TM plunge in the spring of 1965 and were initiated by Jerry Jarvis
at SIMS, which was located at 1015 Gayley Avenue in Westwood. However,
there is no evidence that Jim Morrison was ever tried TM. Too bad.

Work cited:

'Maharishi: The Biography'
By Paul Mason
Element, 1994