---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <punditster@...> wrote:

 The Doors

 "I met Jerry Jarvis at the first SIMS course and introduced him to Mike Love
and Rick Stanley who were initiated in the second SIMS course. The Maharishi's'
directions on how to meditate were incorporated into the Door's songs: "Take it
easy..." and 'take it as it comes...", according to Mason.

  Ranked number 41 on the Rolling Stone list of the "100 Greatest Artists of
All Time."

 http://www.rollingstone.com/100-greatest-artists-of-all-time
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-artists-of-all-time-19691231/the-doors-20110420

 The Doors were the first American band to accumulate eight consecutive gold
LPs. In 1993, the Doors were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Jim
Morrison, keyboardist Ray Manzarek, drummer John Densmore and guitarist Robby
Krieger.

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doors http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doors

 Notes:

 In 'Riders on the Storm' by John Densmore, it was Ray and Robbie Krieger who
were initiated into TM. John Densmore, Robbie Krieger, and Ray Manzarek took
the TM plunge in the spring of 1965 and were initiated by Jerry Jarvis at SIMS,
which was located at 1015 Gayley Avenue in Westwood. However, there is no
evidence that Jim Morrison was ever tried TM. Too bad.

 Ol' Jim was doomed from the start. He was a loser. He died a wasted man having
lived a wasted life. He is not someone who seemed able to choose well for
himself - a man of voracious appetite and no concept of moderation. It takes a
lot of self abuse to "off"oneself in the prime of one's life by the kind of
overindulgence he engaged in. I quite revile the guy.

 Work cited:

 'Maharishi: The Biography'
 By Paul Mason
 Element, 1994