God is widely conceived to be eternal, you dumb fuck.

 Lord, you have been our dwelling place
 throughout all generations.
 Before the mountains were born

 or you brought forth the earth and the world,
 from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
 You turn men back to dust,

 saying, “Return to dust, O sons of men.”
 For a thousand years in your sight

 are like a day that has just gone by,
 or like a watch in the night.--Psalm 90:1-4

 The gracious, eternal god permits the spirit to green and bloom and to bring
forth the most marvelous fruit, surpassing anything a tongue can express and a
heart conceive.--Johannes Tauler (1300-1361)

 Pain and foolishness lead to great bliss and complete knowledge, for Eternal
Wisdom created nothing under the sun in vain.--Khalil Gibran

 A truer image of the world, I think, is obtained by picturing things as
entering into the stream of time from an eternal world outside, than from a
view which regards time as the devouring tyrant of all that is.--Bertrand
Russell

 Barry steps in it again: