Mike, I don't agree with you that "What he spoke was truth," but the rest of
this is extremely well said.

Mike wrote:

 << Saraphita, Phil Robertson didn't say it on the program, he said it in a
magazine interview. What he spoke was truth, however it wasn't the truth that
is sweet. It was quite rude, crude and offensive to some. His comments were not
limited to scripture and were very opinionated. I'm all for free speech myself
but A&E has that right as well.< What I find particularly offensive is
justifying his comments as Biblical and in line with the teachings of Christ.
Phil has knowledge of His teachings but has not put it into practice very well,
in this case. Look at the story of the adulteress that was brought to Christ
for judgment. Never once did He condemn her or chastise her, though she was
guilty as *sin*. He did chastise the crowd, including the Pharisees that
brought her to Him, demanding judgment. Sin is between man/woman and God, not
society. Hours before Christ was taken into captivity, He gave those that
follow him a new and eleventh commandment, *to love one another as He has loved
them* and that was without condition because all are sinners. Phil Robertson
would do well to study and meditate upon that scripture and learn to put it
into practice. Judge not lest ye be judged. Every birth is a learning
experience. He'll work it out. >>