---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, <turquoiseb@...> wrote:

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, feste37 wrote:

> And by the way, it's [the dots as emphasis thang] not a "convention." If it
> is anything, it is a fad adopted by a few writers who have little idea about
> why grammar exists and what constitutes good writing.

 Exactly. The scary thing is that it's being presented as a "standard" by
someone who claims to be an editor.

 Yes, extremely scary. So scary, in fact, that I think, as of this moment I
will abandon all usage of punctuation in the form of periods from now on in an
attempt to avoid such a scary scenario as actually using too many of them,
don't you think that would be a good idea? (Question marks appear to be safe)
Now if you will excuse me I need to run on into
lack-of-punctuation-with-periods eternity and in so doing I just might find
that elusive thing some people refer here as enlightenment or self realization
By the way thank you for your usual, generous insights I don't know what we all
would do without them Perhaps we will never have the opportunity to find out I
am finding this lack of period thing helpful, how about you?