You know, empty, in some cases when someone tells a malicious lie about you and
you refute it, it's not about your need to be seen in a certain way but rather
about exposing the malice of the liar. And the liars who try to suggest the
former (e.g., Barry) are the ones who don't want to be seen a certain way

 In general I don't reply to the psucho-nuts.
 I basically don't care what they say to me or say about me.
 That is because they lack "standing".

 I am not alone is consigning them to the class of people who are willfully
engaged at being "outraged".

 My advise is to realize that your need to be "seen" in a proper way is a
weakness. People's attitudes change over time - sometimes 180 degrees. Abandon
that need and you can communicate as you wish without concern for anyone else.

 If you want to clarify something then do so but rest in the understanding that
the hateful, malevolent thoughts they express are a form of violence you don't
need to be involved in dealing with to protect yourself.

 Sorry for the clunky syntax. Gotta run.