One thing is certain, a microscope (or any scientific instrument) can never
prove the existence of the soul or God because it is a subjective experience. I
can't prove God to you, only you can prove God to yourself, till then it's just
a theory. As MMY used to say, "the proof is in the pudding".

 It seems your best position with be agnosticism, since you can't prove the
soul *doesn't* exist either....

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote:

 I suppose the question of the nature of the soul would be valuable, if the
soul exists. I do not see any reason to suppose why something called a soul
exists, or whether something like an aetheric body exists either. If these have
no observable characteristics, then they have the same characteristics as
nothing. Science could not alter what has no perceptible manifestation.