I agree the rationale for the invasion was a lie, but I'm missing the
connection with the looting of the museum. It wasn't the U.S. invaders who
dunnit:

 http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/monument-sidebar.html
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/monument-sidebar.html

https://www.stanford.edu/group/chr/drupal/ref/the-2003-looting-of-the-iraq-national-museum

https://www.stanford.edu/group/chr/drupal/ref/the-2003-looting-of-the-iraq-national-museum

The early reporting was sensationalized and wildly exaggerated. Not that it
wasn't a catastrophe for the museum, but it wasn't as bad as at first thought.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 "...the "cultural loss" I was referring to was the looting of the Iraqi
National Museum during the 2003 invasion..."

I recall during that time - despite all of the national rhetoric and will,
being at its peak, with everybody screaming to save Iraq from itself - when I
heard that their national museum had been looted, I knew without a doubt that
it was all a lie. Similar to our 'liberation' of Afghanistan, with its now
flourishing more than ever, opium trade.