---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <j_alexander_stanley@...> wrote:

 In addition to being the 12th day of the 1st month, it is also MMY's birthday.

 Oh, okay, thanks. Then why is Share wishing everyone except MMY "happy January
12"? I thought you were supposed to wish the guy with the birthday this. FF has
some interesting traditions I am, evidently, unfamiliar with.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <sharelong60@...> wrote:

 Ok, Richard, thanks for clarifying and Happy January 12 to you and Rita.

 What is January 12th?

 On 1/12/2014 6:29 AM, Share Long wrote:

 > ...did you see merudanda's chart?! He seems to know quite a
 > lot about the situation. Are you questioning the accuracy of
 > the info in the chart?

 Maybe I should rephrase what I wrote: Vaj isn't around any more to give
 us any insider information on the comings and goings of the
 Shankaracharyas of India.

 Apparently Vaj was over there and sat at the feet of the Shankaracharya
 of Sringeri. Several years ago I used to get some insider information
 when I frequented a nearby yoga camp at Barsana Dham, one of the largest
 Hindu temples outside India, and I would overhear gossip from some of
 the devotees over there. The resident Swami at Barsana was apparently a
 direct disciple of SBS and claimed to have once been offered the
 Jyotirmath seat. Go figure.