--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Richard Williams  wrote:

> So, let's review what we know about the Jyotirmath succession
controversy:

>  [Inline image 2]
> Swami Vasudevanand Saraswati, of Jyotirmath

Let's not.

Instead, let's ask why a bunch of people who claim that the TM tradition
they're part of is "not religious" are so interesting in the succession
intrigues of a *purely* religious tradition in India. We might also ask
why they perform traditional Hindu ceremonies called pujas to the
leaders of this religious tradition, and consider themselves part of it
when talking about "their" Holy Tradition.

Interestingly enough, however, when presenting TM to the public, they
keep repeating the "not religious" meme. Go figure.