"There is a principle which is pure, placed in the human mind, which in
different places and ages hath had different names. It is, however, pure and
proceeds from God (the Unified Field). It is deep and inward, confined to no
forms of religion nor excluded from any, where the heart stands in perfect
sincerity. In whomsoever this takes root and grows, of what nation soever, they
become brethren."

 -John Woolman, Quaker

 20th Century Quakers coming to Fairfield, Iowa in a form of spiritual
direct-action peace-activism as re-enforcement joining with the large group
meditations facilitated by Transcendental Meditation(TM) in Fairfield held a
natural affinity to Quakers. To come as re-enforcement to the enterprise of
what was identified then as the spiritual Meissner Effect (ME) of group
consciousness had a recognized legitimacy to spiritual Quakerism. That
corporate group spirituality is a Quaker practice that particularly attracted a
number of old Quakers in to the TM movement early on. Initially upon coming to
Fairfield, Iowa to re-enforce the aggregate numbers in meditation the old-style
Quakers joined in alongside the TM meditations; as when in Rome do as the
Romans do. This history in context now becomes an additional chapter in The
Quakers of Iowa. See: http://iagenweb.org/history/qoi/QOITOC.htm
http://iagenweb.org/history/qoi/QOITOC.htm

 The Quakers of Iowa
A history of the Quaker settlement of Iowa including the nature of the under
ground rail road in 19th Century Iowa.  Written by Louis T. Jones, 1914
http://iagenweb.org/history/qoi/QOITOC.htm

 For sometime, the transcending meditation group practices of Quakers as the
Society of Friends was a dominant spiritual practice in the settlement and
cultivation of America and as so often has happened with Knowledge in sequence
of time the now ancient silent transcendental Quaker practice fell crashing
upon shoals of spiritually ignorant ideologies and the primitive Quakerism
itself almost entirely foundered out of sight as a spiritual movement of the
Meissner Effect [ME] of consciousness development in group meditations. The
parallels of these two spiritual movements (TM and the old Society of Friends)
as groups are remarkable to see and witness from inside and out.
 -Buck, an old Quaker and conservative meditator in the Dome

 No brag just fact.

 Turqb, my people are old Quaker and I too am Quaker and by experience I take
that very seriously and even deadly seriously, which is why I am in Fairfield,
Iowa as an attender of the large group meditations in the Golden Domes of the
Fairfield meditating community. George Fox and early Quakers long ago cognized
the spiritual value of the group affect of transcending meditations. Since the
1650's that has been the corporate practice of Quakers.
 Seriously,
 -Buck in the Dome

 What would George Fox Say?

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhsvqbCIaAs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhsvqbCIaAs

 The Fairfield, Iowa group meditation then became the largest group to Be with
as the group of transcending meditators like Quakers gathered in Iowa from the
late 1970's.  Quite a number of old-style Quakers like me joined on with the
large group meditation in Fairfield, Iowa from the beginning then as recognized
Quaker support in direct-action in the value of our form of Friends spiritual
practice that the TM'ers had adapted to their own ends. What the Quakers have
known all along Maharishi then had recognized as the Meissner Effect of
consciousness in the corporate silent practice of inner transcending meditation
like the Quaker meeting has long provided.

 A nice thing about the Quaker group practice as the Friends Meeting itself is
that it is stripped of religious forms, of alters, brahmasthans, steeples, no
stages, no ostentatious hats or robes such like some clergy and TM-Rajas and
other climbers would wear above others. The nice thing about Quaker Meeting as
a place is that it is without the veneers of formal religion otherwise. Self
run and no paid clergy. You just 'go in' sitting with others and the field
effect of absolute, bliss, consciousness that the meeting of Friends creates
for yourself and others.
 Jai George Fox,

 -Buck in the Dome