Speaking for myself, I never felt I was guaranteed enlightenment.  Yea, I know
all about cc in 5 - 7 years, but I never put much stock in that,nor did I know
others who did.

 Perhaps that was the extent of the misrepresentation, it you're looking for a
"smoking gun", at least as far as the "gaining enlightenment" part.

 Otherwise, I think people got involved either for a vision of possibilities,
or because because they were looking for "something", and this seemed to offer
some potential.

 But as for declaring such and such a person as "enlightened", that would
appear to be pretty out of place in any tradition I'm familiar with.

 Spiritual growth is a pretty personal matter, not something you're likely to
crow about.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <turquoiseb@...> wrote:

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wrote:

> Now, wait. This sort of sounds like a set up. I say this because you have
> always been a proponent of the "these (supposed) states of consciousness are
> all subjective and can't be proven". So, why would such a declaration be
> important to you?

 It wouldn't be the least bit important to me. But you'd think it might be
important to Maharishi (who sold this supposed state of consciousness for close
to 50 years) to be able to point to even one of his students who embodied it.
After all, if he didn't, people might begin to think that the sales pitch was a
pile of crap.