Yes, like being wrapped in infinite cotton wool, all rosy and warm. During
some of those experiences I'd spend days seeing the world like it's made of
christmas tree lights with that angel hair round them. Then it got even better
and I saw where the light came from and I knew everything without being able to
answer any questions and then it stopped.

 What the point of it was, other than to make me feel my ascetic life was
paying off, is beyond me. But if it had lasted any longer I probably would have
started a cult myself.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

 (-:   Hey, neat about that witnessing experience.  I experienced it once, and
didn't realize it till after the fact.  But was the experience "blissful" for
you?

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Potayto, potahto.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:

 No, most of what you are offering as definition technically is about sects.
Cults form around charismatic persons. Sects form out of specialness, exception
or differentiation as in different denominations of protestantism or
catholicism or denominations or types of meditation. Those are sects. Sects are
around fragmentation and cults are around persons as charismatics.  For
instance, If someone really 'charismatic', like earlier defined by Weber, like
a Robin were to show up in Fairfield, Iowa and take off a bunch of meditators
as his followers by force and power of personality then we're talking cult, as
a sect. That is different than the different sects of people out teaching
meditations and some others out there teaching other things they've learned.
 -Buck in the Dome

 Salyavin808 writes: You don't need any leader to be a cult. All you need is a
belief system that sets you apart from the norm.