Robin's heterosexual.
 Thanks for the info - still get a weird feeling about this - he must have been
pretty delusional to take twenty five years to wake up to reality. I have heard
of, and been prone myself, of attempting to prolong an experience of higher
states of consciousness, but this doesn't hold water for me. Does anyone know
Robin's sexual orientation? I am simply curious, because he may be masking a
larger psychological issue of social integration, vs. working his way out of
Unity.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 Actually, in addition to his work on himself, he was supporting himself by
doing substitute teaching in inner-city middle schools for much of that period.
Hard to imagine a job more appropriate for cutting the ego down to size.

 Most of the 25 years was apparently sheer misery and constant agonizing
struggle.

 As far as he's concerned, his awareness is now back to ordinary waking state.

 << I just meant in terms of his awareness. The whole thing sounds weird, as if
he could not escape a context that he very much wanted to, and it took him 25
to 30% of his lifespan??? Even criminals get off more lightly. His explanations
sound like too much self referencing, unless he was cutting diamonds, or
building houses, or surfing, etc. during that 25 years. >>

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 Not sure what you mean by "ended up." Could you explain?

 A lot of what he was doing, apparently, was purging himself of what he called
his "secret infirmities"--presumably personality flaws he hadn't been aware
of--that he believed were responsible for things going so wrong. Or rather, as
he saw it, what the negative intelligences he perceived to have brought about
his enlightenment took advantage of to bring him to grief. The other big part,
I gather, was fighting to get his free will back. He said he hadn't been able
to access it while he was in Unity.

 (Caveat for the terminally confused: This is what Robin said. I'm simply
recounting it, not endorsing it. I haven't a clue as to its accuracy
reality-wise.)

 << Yeah, that is because Unity Consciousness is still Unity, in terms of the
Self; a person's 'owned' universality. It isn't full enlightenment. Brahman,
where the identity dissolves, is actual enlightenment. All the seven states, in
MMY's early model (before he began in the 80's talking about Brahman), are
recognized in terms of the self, Universal or not. Beyond that, lies true
freedom and liberation. I can understand the lock UC could have on a dramatic
personality, but *25 years* to 'get rid of it'? That seems really weird to me,
and excessive. I wonder where he ended up? >>

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 Fascinating, Salyavin. That is remarkably similar--virtually identical--to how
Robin described his own exprience. Except for him, for whatever reason, it
lasted for over a decade, and he spent 25 years working to get rid of it
because of how ultimately destructive it had proved to be.

 << At work once I became the unwitting centre of attention when I slipped into
"unity" on a busy friday afternoon when we were normally running around trying
to wrap everything up. Everyone else just pulled up a chair and sat round my
desk, it was amazing how different yet the same I was, intensely relaxed but
wide awake and flowing all things good from some centre that wasn't even me but
was everything that existed and it was all lush, powerful and vivid. Happy
days, but it wore off a few hours later and that was that. What it all means I
cannot say, my guess is nothing, just a phase, maybe all that bending my mind
out of shape suddenly reflexively threw it into a euphoric state. But whatever,
it doesn't work any more. >>