Salyavin, I agree it would be great to compare some heads in the MRI machine (-:
But for an enlightened person, I'd prefer someone who many people think is a
very highly developed human on an ongoing basis. Not just one experience of God
or bliss or the Void or whatever. Someone like Mother Meera who writes cogently
imo about both the personal and impersonal aspects of God and lives a somewhat
ordinary life as a married woman in Germany. Let's compare her MRI to someone
on a drug trip. And to Dawkins. And to a religious fundie. And to...

Here's my point: for me, it's all about excellent functioning of BOTH sides of
the brain AND a great connection between the two. I speculate that that is what
gives rise to God experiences that are integrated in daily life in an optimally
healthy way. Not preachers using snakes!

I like the idea of a god gene and I think there have been articles about a God
portion of the brain.

The strongest drug I've done is marijuana but even that was pretty amazing. I
decided that I wanted that experience but in a natural way. A few weeks later I
began TM (-:

I know that for centuries, horrors have been perpetuated in the name of God and
religion. But horrors have also been perpetuated in the name of science and
material progress.

I think that's just what TBers, and even scientists, are always doing: keeping
their options open. In that sense, even TBers are scientists and scientists are
TBers. Everybody is simply observing what others do and what results they get,
making conclusions and then choosing to do the same or something different.

Basically everybody wants to be happy. Some people are simply better observers
and concluders!

On Monday, February 17, 2014 8:05 AM, salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>