> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > Well, first, it isn't real clear why you believe you
> > > know what kinds of experiences I've had.
> > >
> > > And second, it's interesting that you think my comment
> > > was a function of being pissed off, for whatever
> > > reason.  I thought it was very sweet, like when the
> > > cute new girl shows up at school and the guys start
> > > showing off, trying to outdo one another to get her
> > > attention.
> > >
> > > It's what males *do*, and thank goodness.  If they
> > > didn't, the species wouldn't survive for long.  It's
> > > just funny and charming to see it in this context.
> >
> > > I could be wrong, of course, but I got a chuckle
> > > out of the image.  Sorry it pushed your buttons.
> >
> > It's a nice image, but perhaps a little off in this case. I've
> > seldom been reticent to share my current understandings,
regardless
> > of who may or may not eventually enjoy them. These have been
> > percolating since just before the Navaratri/Durga puja last
week,
> > crystallized further over the past few days, and finally
coalesced
> > enough to (attempt to) communicate :-)
>
> I'll take your word for it.  But there seemed to me to
> be a sort of competition going on as to who could write
> the most elaborate and flowery description.

*lol* I have indeed been re-exploring more "flowery" realms lately!
Very sweet.

Not a thing
> wrong with it, whatever the motivation.

If I entertain addictions to adulation, flirtation, and so on, as a
substitute for genuine intimacy and appreciation of Self/Other/Self,
those will indeed be "wrong" or "demonic" -- i.e., diseased, based
around pain,  an attempt to mask or compensate for primal fear,
guilt and shame :-)