And Katz's scholarly knowledge of Sanskrit. He wouldn't have been much help on 
the translation otherwise. 

 Years ago I read a piece by--or an interview with, can't remember--Katz 
talking about working with Maharishi on the Gita. It was beautiful; I wish I 
could find it again. Their interactions were apparently a deeply blissful 
experience for Katz. At one point, also some years ago, Katz was featured at a 
MUM WPA talking about his work with MMY and, as I recall, about the next six 
(?) Gita chapters they had translated. I don't think they've ever been 
published, but photocopies were circulating for a while. Someone sent me one, 
but I have no idea where it's got to. There must be videos of Katz's 
presentation; I'd give a lot to see them.
 

 MUM Press has Conversations with Maharishi by Katz describing his work with 
Maharishi on Maharishi's commentary on the Brahma-Sutra:
 

 http://www.mumpress.com/books/other-authors/f06.html 
http://www.mumpress.com/books/other-authors/f06.html
 
Costs $39. I'll probably break down and shell out for it at some point. I 
wonder if the commentary itself will ever be published.
 

 

 (Me) Maharishi didn't just sort of send Vernon Katz off on his own to write 
the commentary from scratch. 
 

 (Nabby) Maharishi needed Vernon for his masterly English.

 




Reply via email to