On 2/25/2014 6:37 AM, Michael Jackson wrote:
> Vernon Katz I think it was.

Apparently MMY was fluent in at least two languages other than English.
So, he probably started reading the Hindu scriptures by the time he was
in grade school. From what I've read, MMY could easly have learned to
read the Gita in Sanskrit since it is very similar to Hindi. What was
needed was a transliteration which was supplied by Vernon Katz, a
scholar from Oxford U. in England. But, Vernon Katz's Gita
transliteration sure can't be compared to yours! From what I've read,
Tony Nader can read and write Sanskrit like it was his mother tongue. Go
figure.