Well, the precipitating thing that withdrew TM from the UK'ers then was around
Maharishi being told that a bunch of TM teachers were banded together and were
teaching TM effectively outside of TM coffers. Double-dealers. In reaction
UK'er got branded scorpions and real TM was withdrawn from the UK, as the UK
went to war over with the Arabs. I feel it was sweet punishment all around, if
you understand the science on consciousness and spiritual experience. But in a
longer context this episode was part of the longer campaign waged by TM field
teachers to have TM taught reasonably once again. The UK is extremely lucky now
to have TM back again.  Story ends nicely for all.  Though I do find it is now
sort of like when you are out in a public event and there is some monseigneur
of the RomanChurch dressed in black cloak and white collar walking by you
immediately wonder if he is one of those guys?? You know, now I meet anyone
from the UK and wonder if they are scorpion in nature.
 -Buck

 mjackson74 finds:

 News of Maharishi's Global Country of World Peace in Great Britain

 Maharishi Mahesh Yogi reopens
 his Transcendental Meditation Centres
 throughout the UK

 'My leaders will resume their national services immediately and raise Great
Britain to the height of great Invincibility.'

 Tower of Invincibility and Maharishi School of Invincibility
 to be inaugurated this Sunday, 29 July

 Inauguration of Tower of Invincibility for England
 Sunday 29 July
 Maharishi Garden Village, Rendlesham, near Woodbridge, Suffolk

 The programme for the day will begin at 11:45 a.m. and conclude at 4:00 p.m.
 Lunch will be provided.
 Please inform Press Officer of your attendance:
 Phone 020 8894 9229 Mobile 07852 279 176 Email <info@... mailto:info@...>

 London, Friday 27 July 2007:-

 His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, founder of the worldwide Transcendental
Meditation Movement, which has been active in the world for over 50 years, has
announced that he is lifting the ban on the teaching of Transcendental
Meditation (TM) in Great Britain. Maharishi had imposed the ban in May 2005
when the population of the country re-elected Tony Blair as Prime Minister and
thereby perpetuated the destructive policy of Britain in the world, including
its leading role in the war in Iraq.

 Maharishi closed British TM organisation in May 2005
 so as not to 'feed nectar to the destroyer of the world'