On 3/12/2014 2:40 AM, TurquoiseBee wrote:
Lying to themselves and continuing to believe in fantasies is perceived by them as far less painful than actually changing or modifying one's beliefs, and thus having to admit "I was w...w...w...wrong."

This is probably true, but I still would like to know how you were brought under so much mind control by Rama that you actually believe you saw him levitate up into the air and hover in front of a large crowd of people. This event isn't mentioned in any reports I've read about Rama and his cult. It's not mentioned in Mark Laxer's book or anywhere on the Rama Cult blog.

You'd think this would be an earth shattering event! Go figure.

Speaking of having fun with pundits, it looks like you don't want to talk about the Rama levitation event, but you keep bringing the subject up about other people believing in fantasies and lying to themselves. I'm beginning to think you're just trying to push our buttons for fun and amusement - maybe we should just call in the shrinks. Where is Dr.Pete when we need him?

Take Me For A Ride, by Mark Laxer:
http://www.ex-cult.org/Groups/Rama/