> > > Have you ever spent any time around Bevan?  If you had,
> > > I don't think you'd accuse him of having a mind of his
> > > own.  I have never encountered more of a Maharishi
> > > toady in all my days in the TM movement.  During the
> > > time I knew him, the man could barely utter a sentence
> > > without invoking the holy "Maharishisez" mantra.
> >
> > Sure, but that's Bevan's chosen function in life, is it not?
>
> It is his CHOSEN function in life. One doesn't have
> to be a toady to do a good job serving a teacher.
>
> > Are you requiring all enlightened people to follow Jesus'
> > dharma? Are crosses required also?
>
> Gaze upwards in this post and find where I have said
> anything about the silly Jeezus stuff.

Actually you were responding to a comparison between
Bevan and Jesus <choke>.  The "he" in "He was doing
what he knew to be right" referred to Jesus.

> You won't find
> it.  That's your issue, or nitpick, not mine.
>
> I also haven't said anything about the question of whether
> Bevan is enlightened or not, although I will.  My feeling
> is that if that bloated bag of personality-less wind is
> enlightened, the entire centuries-long tradition of
> enlightenment owes everyone who has ever believed in it
> a big refund.

And yet, when it comes to other supposedly enlightened
people who appear to misbehave, you're one of the first
to insist that behavior is not a criterion of
enlightenment.

(On the other hand, you've often insisted that being
consistent is a function of ignorance.  Except when
you're defending yourself from the charge of holding
double standards, of course.)