 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2014 10:11 AM
 Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Why some here complain about meditation programs
they don't practice

[Salyavin's] Comments in red....   Mine in this color  Just a few more from me
in this, erm, cerise (?)

 There are a few here, that take great delight in bashing meditation programs
they do not participate in.

 Are we reading different forums? Who are these people? I see a bit of
criticism of things unrelated to meditation, like the ridiculous claims of
yagyas and world peace creation that have nothing to do with TM but arose as
cash-creation schemes that are successful only because people brought into the
belief system espoused by Marshy. Anyone taking a long, cold look at any of
these add-on claims is rapidly disillusioned.

 I would go so far as to suggest that after decades of buying into the
bamboozlement perpetrated by Maharishi and the TM movement to come up with
these cash-creation schemes, most True Believers are *incapable* of taking a
long, cold look at much of anything. Just look at Lawson's post this morning --
a huge, steaming shitpile of justifications and apologetics ALL BASED ON A LIE.

 Same folks that get pissed at others for taking attention away from them.
These folks have nothing to offer - no skills, no abilities, no outside
interests. They just like to create doubt, and confusion, to mirror their own.

 In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king. Maybe people who have seen
through something you fervently believe without any evidence is doing you a
favour in bringing it to your attention?

The True Believers cannot possibly accept that those bringing these things to
their attention are correct. To do so would mean that they were
w...w...w...WRONG. Can't have that.

Their True Believerism is a perverted form of ego-protection. They have
identified themselves with what they believe in so long that they cannot
possibly separate the two any more. Any perceived criticism of the belief
system/organization they've come to identify with as an extension of their self
is perceived as a criticism of their self.

Perhaps if they could convince just one person of their cynical and depressing
view of the world, they win. Sadly, there is no way to convince another human
being of the error of their ways, without providing an alternative.

Sorry to labour the point but a life free of being ripped off by bogus and
deluded holy men is a life of joy and wonder, just think of what you can find
out if you aren't encumbered by dogma, there's a fascinating world out there.

Naturally, I agree. Who would WANT a life based on a series of lies? Obviously,
only those who have bought into those lies for so long that they would have to
admit to having done so to admit that they *are* lies.

Who was it discovered the gravity waves that prove universal inflation after
the big bang, the pope? some pandit in a cave chanting 1500 year old poems?
John Hagelin? No, it was someone with vision and freedom of thought to explore
whatever avenue they wanted. It's that that enriches the world not new age
foolishness. That, like all religion, holds you still and unevolving, not even
question whether Your own ideas are correct. Some enlightenment....

I find it interesting that so far in all of this pandit kerfuffle, NOT A SINGLE
PERSON HAS PROPOSED A REASON WHY THE PUNDITS' CHANTING WOULD DO *ANYTHING* OF
VALUE.

Not one. Not Lawson, not Judy, not Jim Flanegin/Doctordumbass, not Nabby -- NO
ONE.

 Apparently that's because they are two seperate issues, which I find odd
because if it actually works it would justify pretty much any amount of people
chanting all day Indian, or not. And it's not even the whirled peas, think of
the new knowledge for science if we could prove that somehow the gods listen to
our prayers. That's the sort of thing that used to get me excited about
paranormal research but there are only so many nil-results before you have to
move on to something a bit more likely.

That's because they can't. The ONLY reason they blindly support this fairly
obvious form of modern slavery and cynical exploitation of the gullible is
because of one word -- Maharishisez.

 I endlessly thank Stephen Hawking for the fact that I never completely took
the flight to Marshysezland, if I hadn't read A Brief History of Time I
wouldn't have questioned the biggest aspect of the "knowledge" from day one.
Actually I'm a questioner anyway but his chapter on Einstein and the search for
the unified field made me sit up and say WTF? on the second day of checking
when we learned about Marshy's viewpoint. Phew, saved me a lot of hard work
later on that did.

 This is why I never got on on the TMO, they think they know it all when really
they are floundering in the dark. If you want examples I've got millions. It's
the fundamentalist religious world view that depresses me and not the people
that try and see through it. Anyone who challenges the people who make money
keeping good folks like yourself in the stone age is fine by me.

This also amazes me -- their inability to realize when their backs are against
the wall, and that they are pursuing a course that will END the TM movement.
The biggest failing in this whole scenario IMO is that they've obviously hired
a True Believer (Goldstein) as their lawyer and mouthpiece instead of a real
lawyer. Any real lawyer would have looked at the facts and advised them (the
TMO in America) to distance themselves as quickly as possible from Girish
Varma, his Indian Mafia, his history of being a rapist, and his ongoing scams
to exploit poor families in India to use their sons as slave labor for their
cash-creation schemes.

These TM bashers have nothing to say in that regard, making the point, instead,
that they are living proponents of a lifetime spent bashing TM, Maharishi, Guru
Dev, Hindus, Indians, mantras, pandits, yagyas, and anything else that they
attach their failed lifetimes to. This misdirected anger, is then meant to buoy
the TM skeptics out there, with the result that they, of course, want to
emulate the TM bashers, vs. learning TM. What a joke. For one thing TM
strengthens the ability for successful social relationships. Compare that to a
TM basher, who sits alone in cafes and his room, watching TV and drinking beer.
What would your choice be? Pretty obvious, huh?

 You're going to have to help me out, I can't remember anyone here ever
slagging off TM, it's just a meditation technique for crissakes. And we've all
done it so we all know what it's like and how it compares to others (provided
you've had the imagination and desire to learn new things enough to try a
different technique).

Just today, for example, I -- the person they're characterizing almost as Satan
Incarnate -- made a post saying that I would have no problem if the TM movement
was still selling only TM. It is what I said about it in that post -- a simple,
easily-learned technique of meditation, and probably worth what I paid for it
originally, $35. It isn't "the best," it isn't "the only," and it isn't worth
any more than $35, especially in today's marketplace when many other forms of
effective meditation are taught for free. *Especially* when it is being sold by
an organization sitting on assets in excess of a BILLION dollars. How could
they *possibly* need more money?

What I object to is all of the cult baggage and "add-on products" that have
been added into the mix, to cynically rip off people who bought into the
original idea of TM "20 minutes twice a day" and now are being sucked dry for
things like Ayurvoodoo, magical houses, chanting to the gods to receive their
boons, and (the biggest bamboozle of all) being told that they will someday be
able to fly.

 Apparently they have to sign a declaration now before they learn the "sidhis"
that they are aware that it doesn't work as advertised in the vedas (and indeed
in the lectures by Marshy on what the "sidhis" are), and they promise not to
sue the TMO later when they're still stuck to Terra Firma or unable to walk
through walls or read minds or understand the speech of animals etc...

All of this stuff is Utter Nonsense. People accept it because they've been
conditioned over the years to accept ANYTHING sold to them by Maharishi.

 So, it doesn't work that way. People are attracted to leaders, and those with
full hearts. The ones that live in the dark world of criticizing everything,
want others to look up to them, but they are consistently crawling around on
the ground, making such a desire impossible.

 The other day I heard that the TMO was sued after someone had taken ayurvedic
products while pregnant and their child was born with lead poisoning. Not only
did the TMO hush it up, they still sell ayurveda as the ultimate system of
health care. Talk about crawling around on the ground! Talk about a dark world!

That's why I call it Ayurvoodoo.

 My desire is always education and knowledge and breaking free of rigid
unhelpful beliefs and thought patterns. To do that you have to challenge what
you have been told, I can see you are a long way from that Doc. But to make it
easier, think of your own children caged behind barbed wire in a foreign
country chanting prayers for the "benefit" of others.

Being paid $1.66 an hour to do so, while the TM movement charges thousands and
tens of thousands of dollars for the "benefits" they're providing.

Something you'd be proud of? Pleased with their life choice? Maybe you would,
maybe you think it's the highest honour, but you're in the crowd swigging
Kool-aid so you can't be said to be objective.

 Breaking free of cults is hard and the TMO is brilliant at drawing you in with
it's implausible rubbish. But we the newly free, will continue to try and help
you open your eyes. Consider it a service.

And -- unlike the TM movement -- we're not even charging you for it...

 Yup, it's important that people have a free help-line, though I may have to
apply for a government grant to do it full time....