On 4/6/2014 5:16 PM, Bhairitu wrote:
> A progressive tax is NOT complicated.  We've had it before.  The
> purpose is to prevent the country from having oligarchs like we have
> now buying politicians through their corporations and lording
> influence over us.  That's the fascist state we have now.

All sales taxes are flat tax.

> What flat tax rate are you proposing?  Let's say for simplicity it was
> 10% which of course sounds good to a lot of people.  However to
> someone who only earns $50,000 a year that's quite a hit.  To someone
> earning $250,000 it isn't such a hit.  See the problem?

Flat tax systems are in place in several states in the U.S. California
income tax rate is 10.55% on income over $1 million. If there was a
federal flat tax on earnings, I would be willing to pay my fair share -
1.0 % to the federal government - there is no tax on income in Texas, so
it's not an issue for me in the next presidential election.

> Are you going to exempt people under a certain income?

Just for the record, I am opposed to all taxation on general principles.
Go figure.