Ah, OK. I vaguely remember that. The index of research in collected papers
volumes 1-xx is available online. You could see if it is there. I think both
David Orme-Johnson's website and MUM have it.

 The study I had in mind (don't know if it was ever published, don't remember
where I read about it, maybe in MSVS?) took the EEG of a meditator or Sidha at
MIU while the big course at Amherst was going on. As I recall, the subject
wasn't told when the Amherst folks were doing program, but his/her EEG showed
distinct changes that appeared to be correlated.with when they began meditating
and presumably additional changes when they began sutra practice. Or possibly
it was just when they began the flying sutra. As I say, I can't remember the
specifics. But it doesn't sound like what you're talking about. Thanks anyway.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...> wrote :

 I believe that Fred Travis' PhD thesis involved field effect studies on the TM
Sidhis. That might be the research you're thinking of.

 The problem is that up until now, all TM EEG research is on many-second
averages of EEG coherence, and Yogic Flying and any field effects that might be
associated with it, has been on 40-second averages.

 Microstate analysis looks at 1/10 to 1/50 of a second EEG, and sythesizes a
kind of electrical field graph for the entire brain for each time-slice they
analyze.

 Cool stuff, and has potential in all sorts of studies, like the EEG  of the
brain as a PC episode  starts and ends, or even doing statistical analysis to
see if short PC episodes increase in frequency in a nearby meditator when the
hopping phase of Yogic Flying begins...

 http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/EEG_microstates#Event-related_microstates
http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/EEG_microstates#Event-related_microstates

 (I think you meant "obviously not.")  I mentioned it because I thought
Bhairitu might find it of interest; he'd been talking about shakti being
generated, for him, in connection with the TM-Sidhis.. It was just an
experience; you're welcome to make of it what you will. I wasn't making any
claims for it except that for me, the "tingle in the air" the flying sutra
seems to generate might not be a placebo effect, because at that point (at my
friend's house) I had never heard any suggestions along those lines, and I had
no idea what my friend's program involved in terms of timing, i.e., at what
point she would be using the flying sutra. The "tingle" was completely
unexpected, I didn't know what might have been responsible, and it occurred to
me what it likely was only in retrospect. (BTW, it wasn't "45 minutes." That
was how long I waited after she'd gone into the room and closed the door before
I started to meditate. The "tingles" toward the end of my meditation lasted
only a few minutes.)

 I'm all for testing for "spooky stuff." You couldn't test this example using
me as a subject, though, because I'm no longer "innocent." But sure, it would
be interesting to test for shakti-like effects. Not sure why you'd need a
Faraday cage; seems to me it would be interesting either way. Maybe shakti is
electromagnetic in nature (if it exists, of course).

 (BTW, I believe there was at least one study of the EEG of a person meditating
(or not?) at MIU while a large group was doing the TM-Sidhi program at Amherst.
It reported specific EEG changes in the test subject that were coordinated with
what the folks were doing in Amherst. The test subject wasn't aware of the
timing. Maybe Lawson remembers more details of the study. Don't think a Faraday
cage was used.)

 I really can't understand why you'd question my reporting a personal
experience possibly involving some kind of woo-woo, or what you thought I had
"given away" by doing so. You've reported a few of your own such experiences,
as I recall.

 Have you ever questioned Barry about his reports of Fred Lenz levitating? Or
Bhairitu about his reports of shakti during TM-Sidhis practice, for that matter?