On 4/14/2014 1:22 AM, TurquoiseBee wrote:
As to Randi, I'll stand by what I said about the strength of his bias; and I'll just add that his professional integrity is, er, not of the highest.

He undoubtably thinks you're all mad but it's up to you to prove otherwise. He will organise an experiment and you have to agree that it's within your powers before he will go ahead with it.

This is what is called "pre-biasing the audience." I suspect that the very *definition* of Randi's supposed lack of integrity is the fact that he thinks people who believe this shit are all mad.

According to what I've read in his book, /*Flim Flam*/, Randi probably thinks you and Fred Lenz are more than "mad", you're bonkers and should be certified as such. You did a good job of convincing Sally and Ajax that you witnessed The Zen Master Rama levitate, but you can't fool The Amazing Randi, even with his professional integrity. Go figure.

---
is active.