totally sweet and peaceful too. thanks turq, I realize I've missed seeing
photos of Maya...

On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:12 AM, TurquoiseBee <turquoi...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

From: "anartax...@yahoo.com" <anartax...@yahoo.com>

To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 4:53 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Studying the numinous

I was with some children last night. I have no children myself, so it was
rather intriguing watching what interests them. One was about one year old, and
the other about three. The one year old seemed totally fascinated with an empty
aseptic package (Rice milk or something like that). Its whole world was wrapped
up in this empty package. It made me wonder how its mind was beginning to
fashion the world it experiences. The other child was much more interactive
with me because she could speak, but I could rarely understand what she was
talking about. The ego was forming in this one, but mostly she was interacting
with me with a beach ball and some other small spherical toys. I have vague
memories of my childhood playing and making up stuff, trying to figure out how
things works. Somewhere along the line all this make believe solidifies into
something more sinister - what I think is real. The pretend becomes fossilised.

I won't comment on the deeper aspects of your post, just pass along a wonderful
moment having to do with children. Or one child, at least. Here's Maya
yesterday, revealing her aspect as the Buddha of Compassion, meditating on the
infinite wonder of bunnies.  :-)