So Goddess Tara isn't a God :-)

 From: "steve.sundur@..." <steve.sundur@...>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 12:24 PM
 Subject: [FairfieldLife] Hey Sal, Re: Entities

   I see what you mean about entities, or "components"

 And yes, you are right, introducing rebirth, or reincarnation does necessitate
entities.

 You look at the accounts indicating rebirth and find them lacking.

 I look at the accounts and find many of them credible.

 And so, the point I was making at the outset is that if somehow these accounts
are found to be credible, or if the preponderance of evidence seems to suggest
such, or if such a time comes when something such as a causal body can be
measured, then yes, I would say that an atheist would then be required to
acknowledge that there must be some organizing body or entities at work to
maintain order in this process..

 I am not saying it proves the existence of God.  All I am saying is that it
might force a door open that an atheist might not be comfortable seeing cracked
open.

And I'm saying you sound kind of desperate, as if -- as you admit -- forcing an
imaginary atheist to be uncomfortable is your real goal.

In other words, it sounds to me as just *talk* about atheism has been so
uncomfortable *for you* that you want to make someone else uncomfortable in
retaliation.

If your belief in a God is so strong, why is it so challenged just by someone
believing something different than you believe? You seem to pin almost your
*entire* reason for believing in God on your desire/need to believe in
reincarnation. Great...I get it...you don't want to die, and prefer to believe
that you won't, and in your view you need a God to make that happen.

As I've told you, I don't believe in God, and yet I sorta suspect there is
something to reincarnation. Millions of Buddhists feel the same way -- they
believe in reincarnation and don't believe in God. Doncha think you're being
kinda silly to try to make someone feel uncomfortable just because you can't
conceive of reincarnation being an automatic process that requires no
intervention or supervision?