Perhaps you are correct, but what if it turns out that Maharishi was right
afterall, and the exact manner in which TM is taught is important?

 On 04/30/2014 02:00 AM, TurquoiseBee wrote:

   From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> mailto:no_re...@yahoogroups.com
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 10:46 AM
 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] New York TM teaching is maxed out

 It's most likely true that the TMO have a lot of demand at the moment, they
have a great PR team and loads of celebrities saying they do it and like it.
Everyone likes celeb's, look at what the Beatles did for the TMO, now they've
got Russell Brand, how can they fail!

 On the other hand, why should we or anyone else *believe* these stories about
the numbers of people learning TM? It's NOT as if they have a track record for
telling the truth.

 What I was thinking too.  What if there are only 3 TM teachers in NYC?
Teaching people beej mantras doesn't take much.  Other organizations teach
meditation at far less a price and it probably didn't cost the teacher $16K to
learn.  At best maybe $5K and at that they learn far more than a TM teacher
learns and can give more powerful techniques.  "Seven Steps" is a child of mid
20th century.  You don't need that nowadays.  A weekend session would suffice,
which is what other organizations often do.