But I don't really care that much these days. He's dead. He said interesting
things and did interesting things and I'm happy I learned TM and the TM-SIdhis
and sorry I didn't go on more residence courses, or even take advantage of teh
INvincible America course when it was essentially free.

 But I don't care what he was like in person.

 Do you?

 So basically, you can pick a few quotes from him about anything you like to
make it seem he was whatever you want him to be.

 This is why what other people say is important, if you care about what he was
really like.....

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...> wrote :

 One thing to note is that, regardless of teh sexual activities MMY may or may
not have engaged in, he stopped calling himself Brahmachari when he accepted
people calling him "Maharishi."

 In the late 60's, in a radio interview in the UK, he noted that had he known
that he could become enlightened without being a monk, he might have gotten
married and had kids.

 I once saw a lecture where he was asked if he was a recluse, and he responded
that he was a householder because he was in charge of a large organization, and
was certainly not avoiding people.

 So there's hints that he was not claiming celibacy even if he never openly
admitted to it.

 On the other hand, he never admitted to it either.

 His followers called him Mahasamatman and said he was a god. He preferred to
drop the Maha- and the -atman, however, and called himself Sam. He never
claimed to be a god. But then, he never claimed not to be a god. Circumstances
being what they were, neither admission could be of any benefit. Silence,
though, could.
 Therefore, there was mystery about him.

 -Lord of Light, Roger Zelazny

 I watched most of this and found the interview with Landau and Bourke the most
interesting. This is the first I have seen her although I knew she had written
a book about her affair with MMY. I found her and Mark very non-reactive,
acknowledging both sides of things but apparently holding no animosity, no
blame particularly for what happened to them. This is refreshing. They seemed
to have moved along, realizing that their time with MMY was part of their
choice, part of their life story. Judith seemed like a wonderfully kind and
warm woman and it struck me that those two years being intimate with Maharishi
were very precious to her. The way she carefully handled his lock of hair was
telling.

 But even if the man (MMY) did not "practice what he preached" in terms of
presenting himself as a monk I am not sure how that takes away from the
technique of TM. Sometimes things work well even if the messenger is flawed.

 Oh you guys are gonna love this one:

 I did actually. Good to see Marshy talking crap again and it reminded me how
hideous all the True Believers are with their fake, treacly voices and
sycophantic laughter.

 Lynch really has been brainwashed too, he knows all the lines and seems
unabashed standing in front of an uninvited crowd and saying that consciousness
is the unified field! That takes some balls, or some ignorance...

 All it needed was a proper microphone to do the narration and titles to name
all the people being interviewed, for instance who is the guy at 27.00 who
claims to have taken women to Marshy's room?

 BTW the guy at the beginning is Michael Persinger, a neuroscientist who did a
study of TM research and published the book "TM and Cultmania"

 TM and Cult Mania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TM_and_Cult_Mania

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TM_and_Cult_Mania

 TM and Cult Mania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TM_and_Cult_Mania TM and Cult Mania is a book
authored by Michael Persinger, Normand Carrey and Lynn Suess.[1] It was
published in 1980 by Christopher Publishing Hous...

 View on en.wikipedia.org http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TM_and_Cult_Mania
 Preview by Yahoo

 The TM Movement CULT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQMKxrLnOGc

 The TM Movement CULT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQMKxrLnOGc