---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...> wrote :

 Like The Blues Brothers, MMY was on a mission from God.

 YMMV as to whether or not you agree with him as to the source, but anyone who
thinks that he didn't have some sense of divine inspiration and mission about
what he was doing has taken denial in another direction, I think.

 Sounds like wishful thinking to me Lawson.

 Telling people you're on a mission from god is a good way to raise interest
though, he certainly did it too. I know loads of people who think that Marshy
was absolute - that's the actual words they use - and therefore incapable of
making a mistake. It's a clever trick to pull off. He never actually said it
himself but he laid the groundwork with the "impulse from the unified field"
belief system and everyone put two and two together. I think he was a great PR
man in that respect.

 Seems to me we have two options. Perhaps after the failure of TM on its own to
sustain the TMO he had to keep coming up with new ideas to keep the money
coming in. That's what it was all about from the "siddhis" onwards. All he had
to do is say that yagyas (for instance) are from ancient India and the cheque
books were out in a flash. Luckily there are plenty of old superstitions to
loot and claim you have "revived in their completeness" Like jyotish - which
still isn't complete because half the planets are missing from your chart.

 Or he had a plan from the start to rebuild the world like it was in iron age
India and gradually introduced his "technologies" when he thought we were ready
for them.

 Maybe he even believed this stuff and his hype but Earl Kaplan claims Marshy
didn't even know whether the ME would actually work. Did you believe him when
he said that?