Outright nonsense from the Turq, as expected. The facts doesn't fit his
hate-model so he pretends it doesn't exist. Of course people that on very rare
occasions develop problems are asked to get adequate mental help, as everyone
that has been to an international course knows. They are closely supervised to
reduce rounding, moved to the basement if necessary, in severe cases provided
with adequate medication supervised by doctors and then sent home. Their
families are informed and told to help the individual get professional help.
 And always the problems are found in the history of the individual, problems
that the person has kept under the radar as to be able to go to courses.
Problems that has nothing whatsoever to do with the meditation practice but
unbalances usually from childhood that they have been suppressing.
 In the cases I know of the individual has not done the practice according to
rules, usually meditating much MORE than the very clear guidelines set. Or, as
in this case severe brain damage from an accident.
 Of course, these are simple facts that the Turq don't want anyone to know
about because it doesn't fit his hate-model, but it might be useful for others.

 I've been staying out of this, and will continue to do so, but I have to point
out the eagerness with which several people have pounced on the brain
injury/coma thing. It's almost as if you can feel them relax and say to
themselves, "Whew! There is some kind of *excuse* that I can glom onto so that
I don't have to deal with the possibility that this is yet another in a rather
long list of TM movement suicides, and thus a potential source of cognitive
dissonance for me. It's good to have this excuse, so I don't have to 'go
there'."

 From my staying-out-of-it-so-far point of view Michael is not overreacting to
Yet Another Suicide by implying that it is linked with TM any more than several
others here are knee-jerk overreacting to the same suicide by implying that it
is not. It is absolutely LUDICROUS to pretend that TM has not promised a world
and a society in which problems simply cannot happen. It is similarly LUDICROUS
to pretend that anyone who does develop emotional problems within a TM-only
community will be provided adequate mental health care for them. It has never
happened and it will never happen, because providing the care in the first
place will be perceived by those in charge as "having doubts" about TM being
the panacea they believe it is.