 Ann, I get a daily newsletter called dailygood.org. Probably that's what
you're referring to...

 Yes, I realized that after I had written that. But I think you like "good" and
you like a daily dose of it so that is fine!

 On Friday, May 30, 2014 10:20 AM, "awoelflebater@... [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Ann, thanks so much for posting this. Mindfulness sounds exhausting to me! All
that continual manipulation of attention! Plus Kabat-Zinn himself says that all
the contents of attention are fleeting. So why bother to focus on them?! Just
let attention go where it goes naturally, to a field of greatest happiness.

 I have to say I pretty much agree with you here. Consciously taking your
thoughts and putting them on all this criteria would be exhausting unless you
found yourself doing it naturally anyway. I think there are times to focus
exclusively on one thing to the exclusion of other things. Sometimes it is a
good thing to bring one's attention back to what is going on physiologically
and sometimes it might be best to put one's attention on another person or
other event. Effortful directing of the mind as a result of some sort of idea
that it is a good thing to do becomes contrived, forced and probably
counterproductive.

 On Friday, May 30, 2014 8:26 AM, "awoelflebater@... [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 I don't do any of that stuff - point being that once consciousness becomes
infinite, the goal of 'mindfulness' is accomplished, anyway. Even better,
because carrying the consciousness of Infinity, is, by definition, unlimited,
any situation can be recalled in perfect detail, if additional thinking is
needed about it. Sort of a lifetime TiVo.

 So, I looked this up again just to make sure I understood this concept and
practice a bit better. Just an excerpt, which you are already familiar with,
here:

 Jon Kabat-Zinn emphasizes that although mindfulness can be cultivated through
formal meditation, that’s not the only way. “It’s not really about sitting in
the full lotus, like pretending you’re a statue in a British museum,” he says
in this Greater Good video. “It’s about living your life as if it really
mattered, moment by moment by moment by moment.”
 Here are a few key components of practicing mindfulness that Kabat-Zinn and
others identify:
 Pay close attention to your breathing, especially when you’re feeling intense
emotions. Notice—really notice—what you’re sensing in a given moment, the
sights, sounds, and smells that ordinarily slip by without reaching your
conscious awareness. Recognize that your thoughts and emotions are fleeting and
do not define you, an insight that can free you from negative thought patterns.
Tune into your body’s physical sensations, from the water hitting your skin in
the shower to the way your body rests in your office chair. Maybe I'm still
missing something but this mindfulness thing doesn't seem too different from
how I spend my days. But then, maybe I'm off track on this. Here is something
also on the website that I'll post and complete just for fun... Share, this
appears to come from a publication you read.
 http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/quizzes/take_quiz/4/
http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/quizzes/take_quiz/4/

  • Re: [FairfieldL... Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fairf... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]