On 6/1/2014 6:17 AM, Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
And suicides and attempted suicides and various psychotic episodes associated with TM - I'll take mindfulness any day.

There is no evidence that basic TM practice is the cause of any attempted suicides or psychotic episodes. If there was any evidence you could post it here so we could read it for ourselves. What you maybe need to be doing is being /mindful of what you post to the group/ - we don't take kindly to people posting unsubstantiated rumors and theories that have no evidence to support them.

So far as I know, there's been no double-blind, scientific studies that report any adverse effects from sitting around with your eyes closed and thinking about stuff for a few minutes a day. Are you sure it's TM that you were practicing, or was it some stoned-out day dreaming fantasy you were play-acting in your mind? At any rate, you don't seem very believable or even very mindful when you post nonsense not backed up by any facts. Go figure.

Maybe you could explain to us /exactly/ what it was that you were thinking when you used to meditate. Thanks.

---
is active.