On 6/5/2014 8:26 PM, s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
Aha! As I never learned an "advanced technique" I see I've been referring to the additional syllables as mantras whereas you are saying they are dictionary-defined words (as opposed to those bijas which we were told were "meaningless sounds whose effects are known").

It has already been established that MMY never said the the bijas are "meaningless sounds." That's just one of those internet newsgroup rumors. What we are saying is that the bijas have /no semantic meaning/, that's why they are called"mantras". All words found in the dictionary have meanings, but bijas are esoteric seed sounds, whose effects are known.