 On 06/30/2014 09:17 PM, awoelflebater@... mailto:awoelflebater@...
[FairfieldLife] wrote:

<punditster@...> mailto:punditster@... wrote :

 On 6/30/2014 2:29 PM, awoelflebater@... mailto:awoelflebater@...
[FairfieldLife] wrote:

<noozguru@...> mailto:noozguru@... wrote :

 Thanks but I'm probably just preaching to the choir here (except for a few).
Now what is the underlying problem for climate change?  Overpopulation.  Also I
condemn industry to put profits ahead of the planet.  I think I have a good
track record on climate change but also note that a good friend was a scientist
who worked on the original research.  He has some interesting things to say and
the public has been confused by the press who was always pestering them for a
definitive answer when they didn't have any yet.

 To me it is, on the surface, about the endless need to consume by a population
which is too large for the planet given the fact we don't seem to be able to
give up oil.

 Talk about meddling in other people's business! Rising population levels
aren't a problem in the U.S. In fact, we will need more young workers in the
future to do the work the old people can't do anymore. Limiting the population
in other nations isn't the responsibility of the U.S. There were 2,389.5
abortions in the U.S. today. The birth rates in the U.S. are on the decline.
And I repeat:
 To me it is, on the surface, about the endless need to consume by a population
which is too large for the planet given the fact we don't seem to be able to
give up oil.

 "The differential could make life even tougher in rural towns that have long
been losing population, creating a shortage of young workers for the entry
level jobs that help keep those communities afloat."

 http://time.com/39500/census-more-deaths-fewer-births-in-u-s/
http://time.com/39500/census-more-deaths-fewer-births-in-u-s/

 And what you do when this occurs is ditch the old system of economic and use
one appropriate for this situation.  Of course getting the greedy old stinkers
who run things to do so is not going to be an easy task.  It is all about them.
No, not easy because people are people and rich individuals can be greedy and
poor individuals can be greedy. It is not necessarily what you have but what
you think you need and want and what are you are prepared to do to get it.

 On 06/30/2014 09:54 AM, wayback71@... mailto:wayback71@... [FairfieldLife]
wrote:

   B, I alway like your views and the way you state them.  I vote for you to
run things and solve it all.  But only if you make climate change your number 1
priority. Nothing else matters really.........single payer has always been the
only sensible way to go, but by the time people realize that it will be too
late.

  • [FairfieldLife]... Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fairf... Mike Dixon mdixon.6...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... waybac...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]