On 8/1/2014 10:07 PM, s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

Re "Someone once told me their mantra was "whig"":

Are there a lot of sadistic TM teachers out there who enjoy giving their victims useless mantras?

All mantras are useless when you think about it - it's only when you let go of the mantra that the transcending begins. - according to MMY, TM is NOT the cause of enlightenment. Pure consciousness is already there - all it needs to be realized is to /let go of thinking/ - meditation is not what you think.

There a stories of Christians who learn TM and replace their given syllable with a word they feel comfortable with - "Love", "Jesus", "Maranatha" - and seem to have perfectly satisfactory experiences.

I wonder if one day we could see brain-imaging devices at meditation centres (centers) which could show immediately if someone was meditating correctly. I think that could be a promising development as otherwise teachers have to rely on a person's subjective report of their session . . .