On 08/01/2014 08:40 PM, s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
Re "Wake up foggy headed? Clear your head with with the kapha mantra hoom though if you really want to clear it try the Ganesh mantra: om gam ganapataye namaha. Upset stomach? Use the pitta mantra. Constipation? Try the vata mantra.":

We were always taught that during TM we should allow the mantra to change its "sound" and not interfere. Sometimes it can even be just a pulse; sometimes even just a modulation of other thoughts that flit through the mind; sometimes just the ghost of a sound . . . I'm sure if someone told me to repeat "om gam ganapataye namaha" I could manage it but it would keep my consciousness at a surface level and block any move towards transcending. Do you find picking up other mantras and using them as your "focus" is straightforward and unproblematic?

Part of my tantric training was how to use other mantras. But using mantras for ayurveda or even jyotish is not problematic nor complicated. TM people seem to be afraid to try things but I walked away from TM many, many years ago.