 On 08/21/2014 09:04 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

<sharelong60@...> mailto:sharelong60@... wrote :

 Michael, just in case you're not joking: it wasn't an accusation. It was a
direct question. And btw, some of the items on the chart are time honored
modalities, like homeopathy.

 Sorry Share, "time honoured" means absolutely nothing at all. That people
continue to believe things doesn't actually count as evidence for efficacy.
They may have all sorts of reasons for supporting that which doesn't actually
work because there are lots of much better explanations for the apparent
occasional effectiveness, the placebo effect, reduction to the mean etc.

 Homeopathy is 100% placebo and bedside manner, the concoctions do absolutely
nothing because they are absolutely nothing - by design. Maybe that counts as a
health "modality" in some circles but it isn't good enough for me.

 Doesn't your Royal Family use homeopathy?  Oh well, it must be true then. I
suppose wearing a crown makes you immune from errors of reasoning.  Even Turq
once disagreed with Curtis anti-homeopathic stance because he had actually
found a homeopathic substance useful. There's something to the science even if
it twiddles the mind of a high school trained scientist.  That's the point,
there is nothing to the science. That's why we do science, to work out what's
real from what isn't, there's nothing like blind testing to give the lie to
dodgy claims. Like we did with astrology and all sorts of other nonsense. Check
the periodic table posted by MJ earlier for details. :-D

 On Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:59 AM, "Share Long sharelong60@...
[FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com wrote:

   Michael, are you being paid by Big Pharma?!

 On Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:47 AM, "Michael Jackson mjackson74@...
[FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com wrote:

   What everyone on FFL needs on their wall

http://crispian-jago.blogspot.com/2010/10/handy-alternative-therapy-flowchart.html

http://crispian-jago.blogspot.com/2010/10/handy-alternative-therapy-flowchart.html

http://crispian-jago.blogspot.com/2010/10/handy-alternative-therapy-flowchart.html

 The Reason Stick: A Handy Alternative Therapy Flowchart Believe it or not, I
don't really have a particular interest in alternative therapies, I just can't
help picking at the scabs of alt-med credulity.

 View on crispian-jago.blogspot...
 Preview by Yahoo

    • Re: [Fairf... salyavin808
        • Re... salyavin808