 No, not that silly practice that wannabee yogis perform when they want to feel
all self-important for abstaining from doing something they'd rather be doing
than abstaining from. Tapas, the cuisine from Spain. I felt like having some
today, and fortunately in Leiden one can find pretty much any type of food in
the world, so now I'm comfortably seated at a canalside restaurant enjoying a
beer and some albondigas and calamares and mejillones, abstaining from nothing.
*Much* better form of tapas than that yogi stuff.

I've never understood that "spiritual" kinda tapas, and why people get off on
it. It's like they expect some kinda "brownie points" for *resisting* something
that the Natural Tendency Of Their Minds is drawing them towards? WTF? Just
doesn't compute for me.

I don't even get the concept. I mean, is some god or some Law Of Nature
supposed to be *impressed* by some monk who (similar to TM guys on rounding
courses) spends 90% of his time thinking about sex, but isn't really ever
gettin' any? Seems to me that the god or the Law in question would want the guy
to Go Get Laid Already, so that he could come back to meditation and spend a
little time transcending.

Anyway, I like the Spanish version of tapas much more. Little dishes of fish or
shellfish or veggies or meats, small enough so that you can order 3 to start
with and stop there if that satisfies you, or order 3 more (or 12 more) if the
first course doesn't. It's a perfect eating style for me, because I tend to
have a small appetite and like to "graze," rather than eating a long, full
meal. YMMV.

 This is a very important post. We now know that bawee likes to graze rather
than eat a full meal. I will go forth today feeling that much more enriched and
empowered. Keep these posts coming bawee. And, I was not disappointed because
you were able, as is your usual style and form, to denigrate others while
showing the rest of us how lucky and special you are because you have access to
tapas in Leiden. Well done. I have a feeling you did not take this picture of
the actual meal you consumed.

    • [Fairfield... danfriedman2002
    • [Fairfield... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... j_alexander_stan...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]