> On Nov 9, 2005, at 8:06 AM, sparaig wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > 3/4

> >> The birth of a really creative marketing tool: make people think
> >>
> > they
> >
> >> are actually getting a meditation technique that leads to world
> >> peace. I mean, who could say no to that! If you were marketing
> >> something aimed at the 60's/boomer generation, what else would
you
> >> need? It's not unlike the CEO that does *whatever* he can to keep
> >> that stock price up. In that sense, CEO Mahesh is the "spiritual"
> >> Dennis Kozlowski.
> >>

> > Of course, perhaps TM and the TM-Sidhis really DO lead to world
> > peace...
>
> Of course it is *possible*. Improbable IMO since TM or TMSP does
not
> work at pacification and taming of the mind (in the yogic sense).
> However I find M.'s comments to Earl Kaplan to be rather telling.
> Even he doesn't believe it.

He said, if Kaplan understood him correctly in the first place, that
there was no proof that all the things that Kaplan thought would
happen would happen if they implemented what Kaplan wanted. The
context was that he was responding to a suggestion to blow all of the
TMO capital on a project that would make sure that the TMO wouldn't
survive if they were wrong.

The implication of the ME studies is that there is a shortcut to
trying to teach everyone (or most people) in the world to meditate:
get a small number meditating/hopping together will have the same
global effect. But what if it didn't? Then the long-term goal of the
TMO, to get everyone to meditate, would never happen.