humbled by Edg's self honesty...

On Saturday, September 13, 2014 11:45 AM, Duveyoung <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:

I guess I do come off as "blaming" more than I should.  Cuz, hey, Willy's right
that if I had had any integrity, I would never have allowed myself to be,
what?, abused? by the TMO.  But, hey, again, TM was SUPPOSED TO GIVE ME THAT
INTEGRITY!

I was and am still easily interpreted as wacko -- depends on the frame through
which you're looking at my stuff.  From some frames, I pass muster, but
others.....yessh.

I never had a good plan for life -- always just running to the next safe place
where I could maybe get my shit together.  Always with exigencies pushing me
down the road instead of following my bliss.  Fingers always  crossed that the
technique would change me before everyone found out how thick the mask I wore
was.

I really was a true believer for a while there, and during that time, THEN, how
the TMO handled me could be described as fraudulent, abusive, etc.  When I put
my faith in you -- give you personal power over me as I did with Maharishi --
the betrayals are all the more bitter....because, of course, it is so hard to
clearly take ownership of ones part in the debacle.

After 5 - 8 years, all the initiations, ATRs, yeah, from then on, it was me
"holing up" and "hiding out from  real life" to a great degree.  By then I'd
seen clearly that the assholes of the movement were merely normal assholes that
had come the to movement and had never been psychologically improved, and never
would be improved fast enough to justify bending a knee to their
non-enlightened "intent to do Maharishi's work."

But by then, I knew myself enough to know I didn't resonate with the "normal
life" offerings extant, and so the years flowed past as I waited and hoped I'd
get the clarity to target something better...or at least more attainable than
enlightenment.  Meanwhile the kids were in a school that I could trust more
than a public school, I had a dozen irons in the fire for making money in FF,
and I had a nice social life and community.  There were no other places for
me-in-my-fix to go.  Or so I thought....as time passed, karma came and forced
me into various "partial" clarities.

And of course, anyone evolves given decades of life processing, so all the
issues of being in the cult were very transformative as much as any other kind
of life would have been.  This wisdom-via-aging is then very hard to separate
from "wisdom gained because of TM." -- and the TMO of course took credit for
the least titch of anyone's improvements.   Grrrrrrrrr.