Yeah, they do - Ramana, and MMY and Brahmananda Saraswati, and Adyashanti, all
of those guys do it and talk about it, and write books - else we wouldn't have
any examples.

 None of the characteristics of enlightenment are a secret, or something
everyone dreams up independently. As for all of the above, being frauds and
deluded, yeah it does look that way, from a certain perspective. If a person is
culturally brainwashed, or feeble minded, or mentally unbalanced, any of those,
then the people listed above seem like frauds and deluded.

 As for me having a long way to go, yes, it is a big place.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <jedi_spock@...> wrote :

--- <fleetwood_macncheese@...> wrote :

 All the enlightened people talk about their experiences,

No, they don't.

like I am permanently established in silence, every perception sees the
infinity of the object, unity prevailing. Why do you want me to repeat it?

The enlightened people have been talking and writing about these things
forever.

They are all frauds or deluded.

Barry told a silly little story about some western-bubbleized person having a
good time, and then realizing instead they were a victim of karma, with a mind
full of thoughts. I didn't get what was so special about the story.

And this other guy, going around telling people they are enlightened, anointing
them like a pope.

Maharishi declared that Robin was E.

The whole thing is crazy. Just as enlightenment is self-evident, attempts to do
anything more than describe it, live it, or achieve it, seem
counter-productive, to me.

You still have a long way to go.

--- <anartaxius@...> wrote :

 Let's pretend I read this. What are the reasons that this statement you made
to Barry does not apply to you, or say to me? Exactly how does one
experientially and empirically parse the statement 'I am enlightened (or not)'
versus, say, 'he is enlightened (or not). What is the criterion or criteria for
making such a judgement? What is the ability developed in you that allows you
to do this? How do you avoid making a mistake about it? How does this apply to
techniques and teachings of other teachers, who also make the claim of
enlightenment? How do you make a judgement concerning those teachers and their
students, who may use different methods and have a different explanatory
context? Maharishi said 'there is nothing new under the sun' and so, what is it
about enlightenment that is different from what came before? Did he lie? Did he
tell the truth?

 From: "fleetwood_macncheese@... [FairfieldLife]"
<FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>

 From anyone here who has said that they are enlightened, I haven't seen any
unraveling. The reason being that if anyone achieves spiritual liberation using
the techniques of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, they know the difference between true
spiritual freedom and delusion. I am not sure you do, though. You are one of
the strongest mood makers on here, and for someone "in the game" so long, you
have almost nothing to show for it. PS Let's pretend you didn't read this.

 Seems like everybody's reading this book, except the people here on FFL who
assume they already know everything and don't need to, that is.  :-)  This is a
great quote that I'll pass along because 1) my friend already did all the
typing so I don't have to, and 2) I love the simple and perfect way that
Dzogchen deals with the kinds of faux enlightenment we see often on Fairfield
Life.

      • Re: ... pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfie... anartax...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fai... pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]