From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <inmadison@...> wrote :

In order to make the statement that mind is an emergence
of physical matter/energy - one has to make the inference there is physical
matter/energy - and this is an inference that can not be proven . . . thus, why
the notion mind is an emergence of matter/energy is 'dogmatic'.  Perhaps its a
reasonable POV - but dogmatic none the less.

That matter and energy cannot be proven means emergence is dogma? God help us.
Yes, please waste Stephen Hawking's time with that, he'll thank you for
bringing it to his attention I'm sure....

There is very little on planet Earth more
embarrassing than a cult fanatic who believes that the stuff he was told by his
cult leader is profound Truth.

Especially when they accuse others of dogma.  I'll get them a dictionary for
Christmas.

I don't know about you but I feel more like Wonko the Sane as the days go by.
Just a few of us outside the asylum now, with only the mad scratching from the
inmates to distract us from the real world.

I had to look up Wonko the Sane to remind myself who he was. Glad I did:
β€œIt seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had
so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed
instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a
civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
― Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

At least we have the message from beyond the grave to look forward to, I'm
cooking up the popcorn already.

As these new messages of cosmic truth and enlightenment slosh over us,
demanding our attention and allegiance, don't forget the following axiom of Woo
Woo Wisdom, especially the order of the instructions, which is very, very
important. If what you want to do in life is believe, you have to stop thinking
first, and then never go near it again.  :-)